privacy & cookies
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
1. You can visit the site (emilyandfin.co.uk) without telling us who you are or providing us with any personal information. However, information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP (Internet Protocol) address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation) are collected in order to monitor and improve our website.
2. We will collect information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including your name, telephone number, home address, email address, in addition to the above, we also ask for delivery address, and payment method details).
3. If you have chosen to subscribe to our website services, such as email notifications and/or newsletters we will offer you advanced notice of sales, new merchandise and other Emily and Fin news. Email addresses provided to Emily and Fin are only used internally for the purpose of sending you communication from us. We respect your privacy rights and will not sell or rent your email address to other companies. If you would like to unsubscribe from our email list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails. We will remove your name from our email list as soon as possible.
4. Any other information that you choose to send to us.
Our payment services providers may also send you cookies.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use information held about you to:
1. Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
2. Provide you with products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
3. Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
4. Notify you about changes to our services
5. Administer the website and improve your browsing experience
6. Enable your use of the services available on the website
7. To communicate with you regarding goods purchased from the website
8. Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications by email (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
9. Deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to the website
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
When you contact us with a question, feedback or other comments, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, address and telephone number. We collect this information to verify your identity and to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comments or feedback. We may retain this information to assist you in the future. We also may use your feedback, suggestions and comments to monitor and/or improve our products or website.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information if: Emily and Fin Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets and, in which case, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; to protect our customers and emilyandfin.co.uk from fraud and theft, we may pass on personal information that we obtain from making identity checks, together with account information to organisations including law enforcement agencies, involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction; if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or, in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Emily and Fin Ltd our customers, or others. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the personal information you provide to us without your consent.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorised use. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third party business partners' to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address). We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.