Raise your hand if you’re a Londoner who hardly ever leaves their borough? At Emily and Fin, we’re all a little guilty of taking what the capital has to offer for granted, and since we’re verging on insta-holics down here at our Hoxton office, we’ve spent many lunch breaks compiling an interactive map of the most spectacularly photogenic London spots to get that Instagram feed looking divine.
1. RAINBOW BAGEL SHOP - SHOREDITCH HIGH STREET OVERGROUNDSetting the list off to a colourful start is the unassuming ‘Beigel Shop’ on Brick Lane, where you can pick up the insta-famous rainbow bagel – a magical tie-dye-coloured treat that will have your Instagram feed blowing up all weekend. Sprinkles optional.source: dnainfo
2. PALM VAULTS – HACKNEY CENTRAL OVERGROUNDPlant-lovers will fall in love with Hackney’s Palm Vaults, a lush vegan café where sleek 70s furniture complements exotic trailing greenery and chic open brickwork. Try one of the pink or purple lattes and fill your insta-feed with glossy jungle-paradise snaps and sizzling Miami vibes.source: gnola
3. SKETCH – OXFORD CIRCUSFor special occasions (and when you just feel a bit fancy), Mayfair’s surrealist restaurant-gallery, Sketch, offers unconventional afternoon teas in a pastel pink velvet and rose gold splendour that simply demands to be photographed.source: sketch
4. EVANS & PEEL DETECTIVE AGENCY – EARL’S COURTGrab your flapper dress and feathers, because an evening in the speakeasy-themed, Evans & Peel Detective Agency, is like stepping into the roaring 20s, complete with prohibition era cocktails, secret bookcase entrance and glamorous candlelit décor. But don’t worry, no one will mind if you break costume for long enough to take a selfie…source: socialandcocktail
5. CHELSEA PHYSIC GARDEN – SLOANE SQUAREWhile London’s very own secret garden can’t rival the grandeur of Kew Gardens, its wild flowers, rock gardens and woodland hideouts make it a better choice for a peaceful afternoon stroll. With over 5,000 species of plants and herbs, plus a quaint café serving homemade cakes, Chelsea Physic Garden will give you plenty to capture in photo-form, if you’re not too consumed by the beauty of it all!source: gardenandgreen
6. LITTLE NAN'S BAR – NEW CROSS OVERGROUNDBorn and bred Londoners will feel right at home here amongst the Eastenders memorabilia, gaudy leopard print and union jack décor and framed pictures of the queen. Find yourself a nook in amongst the teddy bears and throw pillows and order up a pot of strong and sweet English Breakfast tea – no doubt you’ll be here for a while.source: designmynight
7. POP BRIXTON - BRIXTONHead to Brixton’s most happening space for local artist exhibitions and independent businesses offering up bottomless brunches, boutique crafts, sparkly lighting and architecture that’s so cool it will give you plenty to snap all by itself.source: popbrixton
8. RUBY VIOLET – TUFNELL PARKThis is no ordinary ice cream shop. Ruby Violet combines sparkly kitsch décor that’s just crying out to be featured on your feed, with artisan ice cream flavours, top quality ingredients and some seriously moreish sorbets that look so good you might even forget to take the pic before wolfing it all down!source: gobalblue
9. WILTONS MUSIC HALL – TOWER HILLIf you’re a theatre junkie, and you haven’t been to Wilton's Music Hall, we suggest you schedule it in right now. Wilton’s is the oldest music hall of its kind in the world, and it’s prime for some stunning pics of red velvet curtains, twinkly lights, ornate balconies and grandiose ceiling frescoes. Cocktails make a great accessory for the ultimate stage-struck snapshot.source: tripadvisor
10. FASHION AND TEXTILE MUSEUM - LONDON BRIDGEWhat kind of designers would we be if we didn’t include the iconic and ever-evolving Fashion and Textile Museum? With colourful designs, dizzying prints and cutting-edge architecture, there are dozens of photo ops here – maybe someday Emily and Fin will be one of them? Fingers and toes crossed!source: venuesoflondon
So, grab your phone and your Oyster Card and get out there! London is waiting for you to fill your feed with insta-worthy shots of beautiful new places, with a little help from Emily & Fin. You’re welcome!
>> Check out the map here and plan your next Instagrammable afternoon out <<
P.S. Don’t forget to tag your snaps! Share your photos on Instagram with the hashtag #emilyandfininstatour. We can’t wait to see what you find!